Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
This week at Hillsborough Homesteading is very exciting. That farm that we put an offer in last year, but backed out, is now back on the table. It’s been handed over to the county because the family that inherited it doesn’t want to pay the back taxes.
My awesome realtor has been in contact with the county and we’re putting an offer in this week, before it even gets put back on the market.
We finally heard back from the Army Corps of Engineers, who have no record of the property being protected. So why the flags? Our best guess is that one of the developers who looked at it was trying to scare off other interested parties by putting the flags up. And then forgot about them? At this point, it’s anyone’s guess.
We also have more saved up, so we can put in a down payment without having to empty our entire savings account. That feels much better.
And last, but certainly not least, we’ve found house plans we adore, and already have a quote on building a new house, further back on the property. The house that’s there now will be fixed up gradually, as our time and finances allow. Then we’ll be able to sell it, and a few acres off, to offset our mortgage.
My favorite part of this plan? All it’ll take to be off grid is solar panels. And we’ll be getting a price quote or two on those throughout the process.
Exciting stuff folks! Once our offer has been accepted and the bank approves, I’ll write up another post with more pictures of the property.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. How to Make Your Own Air Fresheners from Feathers in the Woods
2. 4 Ways to Keep Your Chickens from Sleeping In Nesting Boxes from Murano Chicken Farm
3. How to Plant a Homestead Orchard from Oak Hill Homestead
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us. Please note that all giveaways, contests, and the like will be deleted from the blog hop, as well as anything not family-friendly.
***Please note: in order to maintain the awesomeness of the hop all posts that don’t meet the above guidelines will be deleted.***
Let the Party Begin!
[inlinkz_linkup id=703349 mode=1]
Share by Pinning!