This freezer-friendly pizza dough recipe let’s your prep ahead of time so a fresh, homemade pizza is a breeze.
While we try to eat healthy and fresh from the garden, I’m not above an easy pizza night. This recipe ensures that I have a ready-to-go pizza crust always on hand.
I originally found this recipe on Money Saving Mom.
(makes two pizza crusts)
- 2 cups warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)
- 2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups flour
- Add the warm water and yeast to a bowl and stir to combine. I usually make this in my kitchenaid mixer, but it can be mixed by hand as well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Turn mixer on medium low and knead (or knead by hand) until the dough becomes shiny and elastic.
- Separate into two balls and place in air-tight freezer bags. Push as much air out as possible before sealing and freezing.